Sunday, November 2, 2014

Winter Wonderland

This is something that I get excited about. I love to ski, and obviously that can't be done without the best thing on Earth- snow. Don't get me wrong, I love the summer. I also love the fall, and crisp, cold weather, but what's the point of it if there's no snow?

There is none!

Most Treasure Mountain students would be able to see the white, sparse, and almost invisible flecks of snow floating towards the ground if they glanced out of their classroom window last Monday. Someone told be about it in the hall and I immediately ran into my next classroom to see if the rumor was true. Sure enough, if I squinted I could make out the snowflakes. YES! Thank you mother nature, I really needed something to get excited about.

But this was just the tip of the ice berg. This morning I dragged myself out of bed around nine and was shocked to see thousands of big clumps of snow falling to the ground like a waterfall. Now THIS is winter. It looked like a fluffy three inches had already stuck to the balconies and picnic table, which means there is probably 6 to 12 inches at the top of Park City Mountain Resort. Powder skiing here we come!

Taken around 9:30 am

I don't want to be the one to break this to you, but you shouldn't get your hopes up. According to The Weather Channel, the weather will clear up this week. It's back to muddy grass and slushy streets in Park City. Hopefully we'll start to have a lot more days like this one as the upcoming winter begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment